Carbon monoxide dangersgreenspun.com : LUSENET : TimeBomb 2000 (Y2000) Preparation Forum : One Thread
If you are using any gas appliances please
make sure you have a working carbon monoxide
17 year old girl dies from carbon monoxide fumes
-- spider (firstname.lastname@example.org), November 27, 1999
Yep and make sure it's a battery operated one, so that it works when the power fails.
-- John (jh@NotReal.ca), November 27, 1999.
If you have PG&E as your natural gas service provider, call their 1-800-743-5000 to have a gas service rep come out and check your appliances. This is a free service available to you. They will check your oven, furnace, wall heater, hot water tank, and meter for any gas leaks or carbon monoxide emissions and will make sure that your gas appliances are working properly and in a safe manner. For 30 years, PG&E has provided this service but only 20% of their customers take advantage of this free service. Had the heater been checked on a yearly basis, this trajedy would not have happened. Call now before winter really sets in and tell your friends and loved ones before they become a victim too.
-- bardou (email@example.com), November 27, 1999.