where to find deco mirror clips

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Art Deco Society of Washington : One Thread

I have a deco dresser with attached round mirror. The mirror is attached to the back frame with dark orange bakelite l-shaped "clips" where a screw goes into the side of the wood frame and the front holds the mirror in place. I need to replace 3 of these clips. Thanks in advance.

-- lori kushner (lori.kushner@ctghs.com), March 28, 2000


I am looking for the same clips. Have you had any response?

-- Shari SUn (sharilsun@netscape.net), March 31, 2001.

I also need 3 of those amber clips...I can't believe they are not even on Ebay...any suggestions? Thanks!

-- Anna Siano (artmakker@aol.com), April 25, 2001.

If you've found a source for those mirror clips, please let me know! I need three flat ones and three right-angled ones. Thanks!

-- Lynn Herzeg (lherzeg@sympatico.ca), March 10, 2002.

I am looking for right angle clips as well. I have been to three hardware stores, The Home Depot, and Menards. Four out of the five places told me that they recently had people looking for the same thing. Why does no one have these?

-- Aaron Johnson (monk2miles@mn.rr.com), April 17, 2002.

Finally found our clips at Van Dykes Supply Company, Inc. Go online to vandykes.com and do a search for mirror clips. They come in 3 sizes. Our antique deco mirror used R7443-10 (5/16" Glass & Panel retaining clips). They come in a package of 10 for only $1.59. Shipping was $6.00 but it was worth it. Customer Service - 1-800-787- 3355. Hope this helps. I sure know how you feel. http://www.vandykes.com/ Colleen

-- (ckralisz@attbi.com), September 26, 2002.

Try looking at CR Laurence or Somaca the both have websites

-- Kelly - New York (kelly108@juno.com), October 18, 2002.

I am looking for very artsy, decorative mirror clips. I saw some at a local glass shop but they don't carry them. They seem to be very hard to find. Any suggestions?

-- laurie Smith (dupey00@msn.com), April 18, 2003.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ