How many sub-miniature Minox are out there being used?greenspun.com : LUSENET : MINOX FAQ : One Thread
I'm curious whether you (Martin) are willing to venture a guess, or a few guesses, as to:
(a)how many subminiature Minox cameras have been made in the last 40 years; and
(b) roughly how many ended up in North America;
(c) how many of the sub-miniature Minox cameras are still operational and in regular use in north America.
I would assume that most users do not cut their own film, and accordingly the suppliers of submini film must have a rough idea as to the number of regular Minox shooters.
-- Daniel Iggers (firstname.lastname@example.org), April 07, 2000
- The total number of Minox 8x11 cameras ever made is over one million, as inferred from the SN range.
- Since Minox 8x11 camera is very durable, I estimate about 60-70% still remains, probably in drawers, attics, basements; some collectible ones in showcases.
- USA has long being an important market for Minox, I guess, half or more than half of these camera is in North America, the rest in Europe.
- Hard to guess how many Minox 8x11 cameras are still in use. Optimistically at 100,000, in the hands of 10,000 Minox affectionados, each hogging ten or more.
- Majority of Minox users use factory loaded film and factory processing.
-- martint ai (email@example.com), April 07, 2000.
Ten or more? I say: Such iniquitous shameless hoarders! Redistributive measures are called for. The government should, no, MUST intervene, in the interest of fairness and equity.
(Do I hear envy talking?)
-- Dan Iggers (firstname.lastname@example.org), April 07, 2000.
So the average Minox 8X11 owner has TEN of them? I guess I better go buy 8 more. Seriously, I would venture to say that the majority of Minox USERS only have one. Notice I said USERS, not COLLECTORS. BTW, I am a user, I shoot B&W in one B and color in the other.
-- James A. Jones (email@example.com), April 08, 2000.