licence : LUSENET : craft discussion group : One Thread

I would like to know how to recive a licence in the field of carpentery. I have the knowlage but do not have the paper to prove it and need to find out the way to recieve it. I have 5 years of expierence.

-- avalt tohm  (, February 18, 2001


We are members of a labor organization, we do not issue a license. License qualifications vary from state to state. You have not indicated where you are from, kindly do so.

-- John Rockefeller (, February 20, 2001.

I live in Wisconsin.

-- avalt tohm  (, February 22, 2001.

To my knowledge no license is required to be a carpenter in the state of Wisconsin. Some municipalities require license and bonding for contractors. If that is your problem you would have to make inquiry with the city involved. Our Carpenters are either apprentices or journeyman. A journeyman certificate is issued to apprentices upon completion. Credit for a person such as yourself who have field experience can be applied. If you are interested in joining the Carpenter Union I can direct you to an organizer who will assist you in that process. Regards- John

-- John Rockefeller (, February 23, 2001.

I would like for you to tell me who to contact so they can tell me all the pros and cons to joining the union. I have heard alot of negitive things about the carpenters union in Wisconsin. I hope that the person that you refer me to will clear all the questions up. Thank you for all of your help it has been very helpful.

-- avalt tohm  (, February 23, 2001.

Call our office at (262) 970-5777, ask for Mark Scott of Jeff Miller.

-- John Rockefeller (, February 26, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ