Baby Crib Modified for handicapped parent : LUSENET : Disabled Parents Network : One Thread

When my C-7 quadriplegic daughter became pregnant, my husband found a used baby crib and modified it for her use. Our granddaughter is almost 2 years old now and the crib is no longer needed. I know how difficult something like this is to locate and thought there may be someone on this message board that could make use of it. We are in Texas and if it has to be shipped, the cost would need to be covered by the person receiving it. This crib is tall enough for a power wheelchair to roll up under the bed. The side has been made into two gates and are secured with a magnetic locking system. If you are interested, please send me an email. I have pictures and would be glad to send you one. Thanks

-- Anonymous, March 30, 2001


You might find it useful to contact Through the Looking Glass, the USA organisation that adapts items of equipment for disabled parents in the USA, particularly the Bay area of San Francisco. I know they have a contacts network.

-- Anonymous, September 11, 2002

my friend is a para and 5 months along....been looking for crib like you described.....problem is small room it will be far does it swing out? Do you still have it? If already gone....can i still see pictures....have my crib I am willing to modify for her.....and need to find a solution soon.....thanks!

-- Anonymous, February 01, 2003

My daughter has spina bifada and is confined to a wheelchair. She is expecting a baby soon and is looking for a modified baby crib that alowes access to the baby for her with the matress in the lower position. If you have already disposed of the bed I would appreciate a picture of it to give me some idea of what I need to do to modifie one myself. Thanks!!!!!

-- Anonymous, September 09, 2004

... I'd also love a photo if possible. Am interested in the best way to adapt a cot to allow a todler to be helped in & out with minimal lifting.

-- Anonymous, September 22, 2004

Moderation questions? read the FAQ