Brownie 2A Film : LUSENET : Brownies Buy and Sell : One Thread

I have recently purchased an old Brownie 2A and I need some film. If you know where I can get a hold of some I would appreciate it. I live in Wodonga, Victoria, Australia.

-- Andrew Stone (, October 22, 2001


Use 120 film in a Brownie 2a

I have a Brownie 2a model B and use 120 film in it. It is really quite easy if you add a spacer between the 120 film and metal side. I made mine of wood. Using this spacer, the film rolls back onto another 120 roll and you don't have to re-spool 120 film onto the 620 spools like you have to with some other brownies. If you have any questions just email me and I could post some pictures of my set up or something.


-- Brandon Shahan (, February 21, 2003.

Maarten, I sit corrected, stinging from your scathing chastisement. Good lord, man, this forum is supposed to be fun. What are you, a schoolmaster or something? I was wrong, ok? I already admitted it, you don't need to drag me over the coals, for crying out loud! Geez, what did I ever do to you?

...Come to think of it, this forum is STILL fun! Woo hoo! Way to go, Maarten, you evil schoolmaster, you!

-- Pete Lutz (, October 22, 2001.

Film in the Netherlands

Hi Maarten,

Could you post or send to me the website URL or address of the film producer in The Netherlands? I also live in The Netherlands...Nijmegen...and would love to post that information on The Brownie Camera Page for the people here in Europe and so I have it myself.

Tot Ziens,

Chuck The Brownie Camera Page

-- Chuck (, October 23, 2001.


I've also read your answer about unavaillability of film. Next time please don't try to look in someone's wallet and refrain from clearly incorrect and misleading answers. I live in Holland and we also have one dealer that I know of who custom-produces film in almost any size you can come up with. Prices are about the same as in the U.S.

-- maarten binnendijk (, October 22, 2001.

Andrew, John is right of course. He contacted me privately and questioned my veracity in advising you to this particular course of action, reminding me of the places he mentioned which sell 116 film. However, I think my original answer was designed to help you save your hard-earned government wages (a guess from your email address).

Either way you do it, I hope you have fun. Hey, you might do this: If you have two 116 spools, you could spool 120 onto one of them and use the 120 film with relative success, once you figured out how far to advance the film. I'm always experimenting this way, which is why I make the suggestion.

-- Pete Lutz (, October 22, 2001.

116 Film Available


116 film is available at I do not know their overseas shipping policy but I would recommend giving them a look. Film For Classics often has 116. If they are not stocking it currently they will custom spool it for you, this will run about $20 US per roll. Once in a while we see a contribution from someone in Australia, hopefully one of those folks will be able to provide a more local solution.

Good Luck, John

-- John Reichenbach (, October 22, 2001.

Well, Andrew, considering that a 2A Brownie takes 116 film, I don't think you'll have much luck. Check ebay for expired 116 or 616 film for sale, maybe you'll get lucky.

-- Pete Lutz (, October 22, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ