where do you get soda for your goats

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Dairygoats : One Thread

where do you all get your soda for your goats.what size bag does it come in and what do you ask for.

-- gail akins (gakins@simplynet.net), January 07, 2002


I get mine at Sams Club or Gordons foods, it comes in a larger size at Sams club and cheaper. But sometimes Even Walmart stores have small boxes on sale very cheap.

-- Barbara (vozarbi@sensible-net.com), January 07, 2002.

Our co-op sells it, so do most feed stores, though they don't know it. Look through the cattle sections in the minerals, it is listed usually as rumen developer. If it is listed they can buy it for you. 8$ for 50 pounds, and it is the Arm and Hammer brand, last forever if stored in the house, and also makes biscuits. I don't think there is any difference between it and the store bought. Well except price! Vicki

-- Vicki McGaugh TX (vickilonesomedoe@hotmail.com), January 07, 2002.

We buy it at any feed store. We ask for soda, and they often say, "Oh, do you mean bicarb?". So, if you ask for soda, or bicarb, or Vicki's suggestion above, they should have it.

-- Dianne Wood (woodgoat@pacifier.com), January 08, 2002.

feed store , 50 lb bags, bring about 3-5 lbs in the house , for freezer and frige :), and , yes, baking :)....in fact , i never even buy baking powder , as i have learned , its little more than soda , and salt and cornstarch :)


-- Beth Van Stiphout (willosnake@hotmail.com), February 07, 2002.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ