Current job search by a Church of Christ Churchgreenspun.com : LUSENET : church of Christ : One Thread
This is a current job search by one of the Churches of Christ per the internet. This is in an advertisement from a well known Church of Christ seeking a Pulpit Minister. This is not an isolated case, but one with enough money that the Eldership can run a BIG business. Do you think they might have forgotten to say that perhaps their recently departed Pulpit Minister actually MIGHT have DEPARTED not only from their Church but from physical life?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< The Minister We Seek
The________ Church of Christ is currently seeking a minister whose primary focus will be preaching, vision casting and teaching. He will be a teammate who will unite with our current leadership to accomplish _______vision and purpose. The new minister will be capable of helping the entire congregation in its desire to mature spiritually.
As pulpit minister, his messages will be inspired, timely and audience-appropriate. He will exhibit a proven knowledge of the Word and a passion for reaching the lost. He will work with our Worship Minister in coordinating services that bring worshipers before the throne of God.
His creativity and resourcefulness will be used to complete work on a long-term vision for _______ and to inspire the congregation to accomplish our existing short-term mission. The minister will have excellent interpersonal skills, leading by establishing relationships and empowering others for results. He will have strong organizational and planning skills, evidenced by his ability to effectively map out ministerial objectives and plan congregational purpose.
He must have a demonstrated capability and a desire to teach adult Bible classes. He will lead the Adult Education Team in developing rich, meaningful classes that will encourage spiritual growth in members and guests.
The new minister will be a man of personal integrity who is Spirit-filled and Spirit-led. He will have a strong marriage and family relationship and a good reputation within his community, home congregation and the brotherhood. He will be spiritually mature and will be known as a prayer warrior.
_______ requires a minimum of an undergraduate degree, with preference given to accredited Christian universities. Graduate studies would be an added benefit. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience or five years at a senior-minister level. Consideration will be given for other ministry jobs, e.g., Youth Minister Education Minister, etc. Previous experience with larger congregations would be helpful.
1.Preaching a.Deliver dynamic and inspiring sermons that effectively communicate God's revealed truth. b.Support core and heritage values of the _______ church, as laid out by the Shepherds. c.Motivate members to utilize their spiritual gifts for God's glory and inspire guests to seek the Lord as their Savior. d.Work with the Worship Minister and his team to develop a coordinated worship atmosphere that leads people to the throne of God to experience His power. e.Deliver biblically-based messages that are relevant and appropriate for the audience. 2.Vision Casting a.Establish a long-term vision for the ________ church that complements our existing fifteen-month plan. b.Take a leadership role in developing the mission statement and ministry design process. c.Communicate and champion the approved vision and mission statements in such a way that will cause the congregation to enthusiastically embrace them. d.Work with the leadership to guide the _________ church to carry out its vision. Specifically, work with the Administrative Minister and his team to mobilize the efforts of the church to accomplish the vision. 3.Teaching a.Lead _____ Adult Education Team to coordinate adult class curriculum and provide meaningful topics for spiritual growth. b.Teach (primarily, although not restricted to) adult classes providing rich, in-depth knowledge of the revealed Word of God in an effort to support the congregation in its desire to mature spiritually. 4.Relationships a.Establish a trusted support team for his ministry that will encourage him, pray for him, offer him honest feedback and provide accountability of his efforts. b.Establish a strong relationship and a spirit of cooperation that promotes a team atmosphere with the Shepherds, Ministers, Staff and Ministry Leaders. c.Communicate effectively with Shepherds and other _______ Ministers before acting upon any major initiative. d.Attend scheduled Shepherd, Minister and Staff meetings. e.Attend a small group and strongly support the ministry. f.Set a personal example by balancing time between his family, "work" and personal ministry in order to maintain a healthy family unit. g.Build his relation with the congregation by providing pastoral care and/or counseling as time permits and need dictates. h.Be a model and a mentor to others in areas of day-to-day life, especially these: i.Leading others to Christ through personal study. ii.Being a Godly husband and father. iii.Being a responsible steward of time and finances.
Desired Characteristics 1.Personal Status a.Strong Marriage With a Fully-Committed and Supportive Wife b.Manages Family Well c.Respectful Children d.Good Steward
2.Experience/Education a.Minimum 10 Years of Experience or 5 Years at a Senior-Minister Level b.Large Congregation Experience c.Require BS or Higher 3.Communication Skills a.Preaching: i.Insightful and Proven Knowledge of the Word ii.Inspiring and Relevant Message iii.Convicting and Passionate Delivery b.Teaching: i.Demonstrated Ability to Teach Adult-Level Classes ii.Class Content Is Rich, Powerful and Promotes Spiritual Maturity
4.Personal Integrity a.Spiritually Mature b.Spirit-Filled/Spirit-Led c.Prayer Warrior d.Excellent Reputation/Influence e.Honest, Dependable, Wise 5.Leadership Skills a.Leadership Style: i.Servant Heart ii.Demonstrates Good Judgment and Sound Decisions iii.Leadership Style is Relationship-Based iv.Strong Desire to Work in a Motivated Team Atmosphere v.Strong Personal Power and Charisma vi.Self-Starter vii.Experienced with Churches in Transition viii.Good Organizational Skills b.Vision: i.Supports the Current ______ Vision ii.Demonstrated Ability to Develop a Long-Term Vision c.Relationships i.Possesses Shepherd Qualities ii.Empowers People for Results iii.Is Accountable iv.Maintains Confidentiality
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< -- nib Nelta Brock http://newmachine.qwikpages.com/parkave/nib/ Bible discussion list: 1stCen-Christianityfirstname.lastname@example.org
-- Nelta Brock (email@example.com), March 03, 2002
This application was for a Pulpit minister for the Garnett Rd. Church of Christ in Tulsa. I put it on here so people could see what has happened to the Church of Christ in many parts of the U.S. Evidently the job was filled because it is no longer on their web site.
-- Nelta Brock (firstname.lastname@example.org), February 05, 2004.
16. Relate in the Book (the story of) Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East.
17. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects.
18. She said: "I seek refuge from thee to ((God)) Most Gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear God."
19. He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son.
20. She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?"
21. He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us':It is a matter (so) decreed."
22. So she conceived him, and she retired with him to a remote place.
23. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm- tree: She cried (in her anguish): "Ah! would that I had died before this! would that I had been a thing forgotten and out of sight!"
24. But (a voice) cried to her from beneath the (palm-tree): "Grieve not! for thy Lord hath provided a rivulet beneath thee;
25. "And shake towards thyself the trunk of the palm-tree: It will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee.
26. "So eat and drink and cool (thine) eye. And if thou dost see any man, say, 'I have vowed a fast to ((God)) Most Gracious, and this day will I enter into not talk with any human being'"
27. At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: "O Mary! truly an amazing thing hast thou brought!
28. "O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!"
29. But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"
30. He said: "I am indeed a servant of God. He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;
31. "And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;
32. "(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;
33. "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!
34. Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.
35. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.
36. Verily God is my Lord and your Lord: Him therefore serve ye: this is a Way that is straight.
37. But the sects differ among themselves: and woe to the unbelievers because of the (coming) Judgment of a Momentous Day!
38. How plainly will they see and hear, the Day that they will appear before Us! but the unjust today are in error manifest!
39. But warn them of the Day of Distress, when the matter will be determined: for (behold,) they are negligent and they do not believe!
40. It is We Who will inherit the earth, and all beings thereon: to Us will they all be returned.
41. (Also mention in the Book (the story of) Abraham: He was a man of Truth, a prophet.
42. Behold, he said to his father: "O my father! why worship that which heareth not and seeth not, and can profit thee nothing?
43. "O my father! to me hath come knowledge which hath not reached thee: so follow me: I will guide thee to a way that is even and straight.
44. "O my father! serve not Satan: for Satan is a rebel against ((God)) Most Gracious.
45. "O my father! I fear lest a Penalty afflict thee from ((God)) Most Gracious, so that thou become to Satan a friend."
46. (The father) replied: "Dost thou hate my gods, O Abraham? If thou forbear not, I will indeed stone thee: Now get away from me for a good long while!"
47. Abraham said: "Peace be on thee: I will pray to my Lord for thy forgiveness: for He is to me Most Gracious.
48. "And I will turn away from you (all) and from those whom ye invoke besides God. I will call on my Lord: perhaps, by my prayer to my Lord, I shall be not unblest."
49. When he had turned away from them and from those whom they worshipped besides God, We bestowed on him Isaac and Jacob, and each one of them We made a prophet.
50. And We bestowed of Our Mercy on them, and We granted them lofty honour on the tongue of truth.
51. Also mention in the Book (the story of) Moses: for he was specially chosen, and he was an apostle (and) a prophet.
52. And we called him from the right side of Mount (Sinai), and made him draw near to Us, for mystic (converse).
53. And, out of Our Mercy, We gave him his brother Aaron, (also) a prophet.
54. Also mention in the Book (the story of) Isma'il: He was (strictly) true to what he promised, and he was an apostle (and) a prophet.
55. He used to enjoin on his people Prayer and Charity, and he was most acceptable in the sight of his Lord.
56. Also mention in the Book the case of Idris: He was a man of truth (and sincerity), (and) a prophet:
57. And We raised him to a lofty station.
58. Those were some of the prophets on whom God did bestow His Grace,- of the posterity of Adam, and of those who We carried (in the Ark) with Noah, and of the posterity of Abraham and Israel of those whom We guided and chose. Whenever the Signs of ((God)) Most Gracious were rehearsed to them, they would fall down in prostrate adoration and in tears.
59. But after them there followed a posterity who missed prayers and followed after lusts soon, then, will they face Destruction,-
60. Except those who repent and believe, and work righteousness: for these will enter the Garden and will not be wronged in the least,-
61. Gardens of Eternity, those which ((God)) Most Gracious has promised to His servants in the Unseen: for His promise must (necessarily) come to pass.
62. They will not there hear any vain discourse, but only salutations of Peace: And they will have therein their sustenance, morning and evening.
63. Such is the Garden which We give as an inheritance to those of Our servants who guard against Evil.
64. (The angels say:) "We descend not but by command of thy Lord: to Him belongeth what is before us and what is behind us, and what is between: and thy Lord never doth forget,-
65. "Lord of the heavens and of the earth, and of all that is between them; so worship Him, and be constant and patient in His worship: knowest thou of any who is worthy of the same Name as He?"
66. Man says: "What! When I am dead, shall I then be raised up alive?"
67. But does not man call to mind that We created him before out of nothing?
68. So, by thy Lord, without doubt, We shall gather them together, and (also) the Evil Ones (with them); then shall We bring them forth on their knees round about Hell;
69. Then shall We certainly drag out from every sect all those who were worst in obstinate rebellion against ((God)) Most Gracious.
-- a (email@example.com), June 14, 2004.
I read your notice and wanted to write you back. I have a BBA from Texas Tech University. I graduated top of my class from Sunset School of Preaching. I have a Masters of Sceice Bible and Ministry from LCU. I have 15 years of experience. I was one of the top up and coming preacher in our brotherhood. I went through a divorce. You are very wise to require both husband and wife be commited to the work.
I did get married again and do preach for a congregation. My wife is totally supportive and loves to be in the work. I also direct a Counseling Program for AT-RISK youths. I am the Executive Director of the program. Ilove and miss full-time ministry. I know that I could do the work you are guided by God to desire.
I realize that due to the divorce I went through that my desire to work with a large congregation will most likely never happen. Unless God wishes it to be.
I pray you find the right person. Realize he will be just a human as we all are. He will not be able to walk on the water, heal the sick, or be some perfect human. Nor will his family be perfect in every way. Look at your own families and lives. Thank God for Mercy, Grace and Forgiveness In CHRIST JESUS.
Thank You, Mark Whitmire
-- Mark Whitmire (firstname.lastname@example.org), February 05, 2004.