How to support parents with a learning difficulty : LUSENET : Disabled Parents Network : One Thread

I am a Community Advocate and I am currently supporting a couple with learning difficulties. They want their child BACK! Social Services (Child Dept) is NOT supportive as the child is "safe" (their assessment NOT mine!!) The family are not supportive as the child is with them. The child is being used as a form of punishment i.e. If you are late you can't take the baby out, etc. The couple did not understand the legal side of things, they just signed when the grandparents asked them to, now the cost of legal representation is prohibitive, they don't qualify for legal aid. Has anyone got any ideas of lawyers, human rights, anyone or any organisation who could help, give advice, take the case on for a nominal fee, etc ??

-- Anonymous, July 01, 2002

Moderation questions? read the FAQ