CAUTION! VENTLESS Heaters!! : LUSENET : Freedom! self reliance : One Thread

For all you folks who use those little "no vent" propane heaters whether catalyic or infrayred--please be sure and check the air intake [ventura] for lint build up. Spiderwebs are also a problem there too. When lint or spider webs are obstructing the burner tube at the air shutters, then not enough air is drawn in to burn properly. When one part of air is removed the products of combustion [fumes] changes from Carbon Dioxide to CARBON MONOXIDE!!

Sometimes a slow lazy and yellow flame will be present but not always. Soot and a stinky smell can also be present--but not always.

If you don't have a good Monoxide detector--buy one! It could save your life! old hoot. Matt.24:44

-- oldhootgibson (, December 26, 2003

Moderation questions? read the FAQ