College Grants for students with disabled parents! : LUSENET : Disabled Parents Network : One Thread

I was pondering at the expense of my daughter's college tuition. When a friend of mine notified me of the government grants given to students with disabled parents. Is this such and if so, How can I go about recieving such aid.

-- Anonymous, April 30, 2004


My mom is disabled, and my family is almost in financial shambles, yet i'm off to college in a year. If there are grants or aid, let me know, please!

-- Anonymous, June 01, 2004

I am in the same boat, my father is a quadrapalegic and has trouble finding work, i need help for college, if you have any information i would appreciate it, thanks Krystle Reynolds

-- Anonymous, August 11, 2004

I have the same problem... My father is legally blind thus cannot find work easily, when he does work, the gov't. puts restrictions on the amount of money he can make. Although I am married, I am very young and don't have the money to pay for college myself, my parents have paid for it for the past year & 1/2 but, cannot afford to do so much longer any information anyone has to offer would help! Thanks

-- Anonymous, August 11, 2004

I just received amazing news! I found someone who would sponsor a scholarship and I thought I would let you all know. Through the Looking Glass, an organization in California has started a scholarship for children of disabled parents. If you want, feel free to pass this information on. I hope this helps. Thank you. Have a wonderful week and good luck! ~Rebecca Volzer

-- Anonymous, November 17, 2004

My mom is also diable because she can't work and she doesn't have any money to send to college because she only get 500.00 a month and that's just enough to pay bill and that's it so I'm trying to search online to get some financial aid to send me to college with wondering where the money is coming from.

-- Anonymous, November 20, 2004

Moderation questions? read the FAQ