College Grants in the USA : LUSENET : Disabled Parents Network : One Thread

As moderator of the forum I've noticed that there have been quite a few postings regarding college grants for American students with disabled parents. As you know, DPN is based in the United Kingdom and so we don't have any relevant information on the subject. However, we can suggest looking at the following US based resources:

Through the Looking Glass and the US version of DPN via that site you join up with the Parent Empowerment Network : On their links page , they also have sources of information regarding disabled rights and advocacy that may be useful.

A quick search on Google threw up an interesting page on student grants from the Commerce Bank which includes the paragraph: "Special Needs Certain groups, such as physically challenged students, minorities, and children of deceased or disabled parents may be eligible for special funds. The federal government, as well as various non-profit organizations, sponsor scholarships and grants that you may qualify for."

-which sounds hopeful.

Finally, can I ask that any further questions or answers on the subject be posted to this thread rather than starting a new one? Thanks. -- Peter

-- Anonymous, September 23, 2004


I just received amazing news! I found someone who would sponsor a scholarship and I thought I would let you all know. Through the Looking Glass, an organization in California has started a scholarship for children of disabled parents. If you want, feel free to pass this information on. I hope this helps. Thank you. Have a wonderful week and good luck! ~Rebecca Volzer

-- Anonymous, November 17, 2004

Moderation questions? read the FAQ